Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a Brand New Day

It’s a new year and I have a new computer. Well, it’s a few weeks into the New Year and my new computer is only new to me but it’s still exciting.

Now that I have the capability to see the internet on my computer at home instead of sneaking time during breaks at work, I thought I’d start a blog chronicling the trials and tribulations of trying to get my first novel published. I also figured it would be a good record for me to look back on and appreciate one day.

I believe you can tell a lot about a person by the music they listen to so I thought I’d start each blog with some of my favourite songs.

Long Line of Cars by Cake
is one of my favourites because I love the line: “There’s no single explanation. There’s no central destination” Also I like listening to it as I drive home from work in traffic.

A bit about me:
I’ve loved reading ever since I can remember and have loved writing about that long as well. I grew up reading almost everything from C.S. Lewis to S.E. Hinton. When I read the book The Keeping Days by Norma Johnston I knew I wanted to create stories and become a writer.

After that I wrote plays for my cousins to perform in front of our aunts and uncles I began carrying coil binders and bic pens with me wherever I went.

I’m just now finishing the final revisions of my first YA novel and hope to have it ready to be submitted in a month. The idea for my book came from reading my Icelandic ancestor’s histories about the legend of hidden people. That's all I'll say for right now.

I’m also a mother of three, two boys and a girl. I play women’s competitive soccer and enjoy watching my boys play basketball every Saturday.

That’s it for now.

3 comments:

ORION said...

Aloha!
Holly told me to check you out!
Good luck with revisions. You might want to check out AbsoluteWrite watercooler -- it's a group of writers and authors- lots of good stuff on the site.
There's a link on my blog-
Patricia Wood

Holly Kennedy said...

Looks good, Patti!
I love the photo of the Icelandic grass/stone house. Oh, and I really like the saying on your name plate (song lyrics, I mean) :)

bruce said...

"There's no single explanation. There's no central destination" This is the way I feel about life most of the time. The world isn't black and white it's mostly full of greys. Folklore just adds to the mystery.