Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day


Okay I just watched Don’t Forget the Lyrics and that was one of the songs.

But it applies because last week I was a little down in the dumps. Besides having some family issues, I was having some trouble with my book. I’d sit down to edit and found myself getting tired and easily distracted. I knew that everything was there but something wasn’t quite right.

On Friday I met with a friend who had some great advice. She’d gone over my first chapter and pointed out how I could make things better. It really opened my eyes. I now have renewed energy to finish the book. Home stretch here I come.

My plan is to edit the book again but take more time instead of rushing through it and think about the flow of every chapter.

Now I have to brag. My son won his school championship basketball game. They also went undefeated for the season. I have to admit I was so nervous for him I actually thought I was going to be sick.

1 comment:

Jessie Oliveros said...

Wow, now that is a mom that cares. I'm glad you found someone you could trust that could point you in the right direction. And that you see home stretch. I am still in the dugout and at the bottom of the line-up.