Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Tree


I love this tree.

I consider it to be mine even though it stands alone in a farmer’s field over-looking the mountains.

For the past eleven years I have driven by it on my way home from the city. I’ve wanted to take a photo of it for a long time but I never remember to stop when I have my camera. Finally on Saturday I had the camera and no children so I ventured onto the road with a no trespassing sign so I could get a picture of my tree.

My goal is to get a photo in each of the seasons. I’ll take another one in the summer, hopefully this summer and not eleven years from now.

I think it would be a great place to sit in the summer, under the shade of the branches, looking at the mountains. I find it very inspirational. I think I’ll blow up the photo and hang it by my desk. The next best thing, I guess.

3 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

That is an amazing tree! What a great photograph! I'd have stopped, too. :)

Jessie Oliveros said...

I'd have taken a picture of you getting out of your car to take a picture of the tree. I bet it looks beautiful in the Spring.

Patti said...

I'm determined this year to get a picture in each season. I'll post it when I do.