Thursday, October 15, 2009

Will I ever get better...

I've been sick this week. Really sick. Chills, fever, coughing, sore throat, achy body, and a headache. I stayed home from work and have laid on the couch feeling like I wanted to die. Every morning and every night I've thought am I ever going to get better.

Even this morning as my boss rattled off all of the H1N1 symptoms to me on the phone when I called in sick had me worried. I had all of them. I went to the doctor and waited an hour for him to tell me I had a viral infection, the flu and there was really nothing for me to do, but rest and drink lots of fluids.

Funny thing happened when I got home I started to feel a lot better, not 100%. My head still feels like it could explode at any moment and it hurts to swallow, but I'm definitely better.

Sometimes I feel like this with writing. I'll look at a sentence, paragraph, or chapter and think will I ever be able to make it better. And just like being sick, if you drink fluids and get some rest you get better. If you keep trying your writing will get better.

I'd write more, but I losing energy and my daughter is pestering me to get onto the computer.

15 comments:

kah said...

Aww you poor thing. I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. It sounds as though you might be on the mend..I hope so!

Susan R. Mills said...

Oh, Patti, I hope you feel better soon. We had here a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't fun, but we did get better, and so will you. :)

Mim said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. The flu is just miserable. The two times I actually had it, I honestly thought I might die I felt so bad. Take it easy and get lots of fluids and sleep.

Melissa Hurst said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you feel better soon. I had the flu way back during my senior year of high school and I still remember how horrible it was.

Heidi Willis said...

I just spent the week with my daughter feeling like this, so I know how awful it must be!! I'm so sorry to hear you're sick.

Rest and drink fluids. And rest some more. And let your family wait on you a little.

I'll pray you feel much better soon!

Patti said...

Thanks for all the get well wishes. Feeling better this morning.

Tamika: said...

Patti, I pray you will continue to feel better!

You are exactly right about the writing aspect. I will take your advice and keep getting plenty of fluids!

Blessings to you...

Natalie said...

I hope you keep feeling better!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Oh YUCK! I hope you feel even better soon. I know exactly how you feel about manuscripts being this way. My manuscript is finally well. :)

lotusgirl said...

Usually all it takes for me to feel better is setting up an appointment at the doctors. I tend to get better before I go. I'm glad you're feeling better. After reading that flu book, I no longer think of the flu as a little thing. Take care of yourself.

K. M. Walton said...

It sounds like you're doing all the right things to get better. Keep it up. The flu is horrible, horrible, horrible.

I hope you feel 100% soon.

Patti said...

On the plus side, with my lack of appetite this week. I've lost 3 pounds.

Kasie West said...

Yucky. I hope you feel better soon. And btw, you're the queen of relating everything back to writing. I love it. :)

Patti said...

Kasie: It's good to be the queen of something. Thanks.