Sunday, May 9, 2010

Recap

The goal this weekend was to rewrite the middle.

This is how the weekend went down.

Friday: Get kids off to school. Clean kitchen (daughter asked me to clean it the night before for her birthday party - exact words "Can you make sure this is cleaned up tomorrow). Phone rings at 10am, daughter has pain in her neck. Bring daughter home, feed her advil. She has a bath. Take her back to school. Go kick a ball around for an hour so I don't hurt myself for my game. Rest of the day spent getting ready for birthday party, making cake, taking six girls swimming and watching the Tooth Fairy.

Saturday: Get a phone call at 9am. One of my players hurt her ribs coughing and now doesn't know if she can play. Spend the next four hours trying to find another player to sub. Go get daughters baseball team photos taken. Get groceries, buy mother's day gift, take kids home. Go to soccer game. Win 3-0 (I got a goal and an assist - go me). Home by 8:30, spend a little time writing.

Sunday: Church, go to parents for lunch, make dinner for mother in law, write a bit.

End result: I have only one chapter left to edit to finish the middle. Will now extend the weekend goal to Monday.

By the Way: Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, would be mothers, or anyone who helps raise a child.

15 comments:

kah said...

You are a busy bee. Congrats on the win! And yay for only one chapter left.

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful life you lead! Filled with excitement and never a dull moment! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Tabitha Bird said...

Happy mother's day to you too. :) Sounds like you had a busy one

Anne Gallagher said...

Go you! Productive weekend. But I'll tell you what, if my daughter ever said to me, "And make sure that's cleaned up" I think I would have dumped the birthday cake on the floor.

Jessie Oliveros said...

I love that you have a 'second passion.' I need soccer...or something like it. However, I hardly have the time to write. How do you do it? Happy Mother's Day. You DESERVE it!

Kasie West said...

All that and only one chapter left to edit. I'd say you did very well. The things you could accomplish on a free weekend are unimaginable. :) Congrats on the soccer success too. And, was the tooth fairy any good? Thinking about renting it for my kids.

Tana said...

Sounds like you had a busy day! Happy belated mother's day!!! I always extend my goals to other days. It's the way of life for us mommies.

Patti Lacy said...

You rock, Patti. Keep on keepin' on, girl.
patti

www.pattilacy.com/blog

Anonymous said...

You have amazing energy to do all that kickin' and still get some writing in. Life happens and you rolled with it so well!

lotusgirl said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. I'm in awe that you got any writing done at all. This was a family weekend for me so I got zero writing done.

Susan R. Mills said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I am extending my weekend writing goals too.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm all for extending my goals as well... sometimes life is more important.

Carolyn V. said...

I'm a day late, but Happy Mother's Day! I hope it was a good one. (Wow! You are super busy!)

Tina Lynn said...

How did you get anything done? Geez.

Julie Dao said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Hope you had a happy Mother's Day though :)