Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What I wish for...

I wish that when kids get the flu it didn't happen in the middle of the night.

I wish that I could see a good movie this summer.

I wish I could figure out our summer holiday.

I wish that I wasn't so tired.

I wish I could walk up stairs without my body hurting.

and

This is a tiny wish.

I wish agents would send something, even a standard rejection instead of nothing.

I know some agents say, "silence means no", which is okay if you have an option on your voice mail that lets you know when someone has read your email, but if you don't, well then you're left to wonder if they got your email at all.

I know sometimes they don't respond because they don't want to enter into a dialogue, and I completely understand that. Maybe if they had an automatic reply telling the querier that their email was received. I think that would be good.

I know it's just a tiny wish, or maybe it was more of a rant.

11 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Yeah, I think a standard auto reply for agents and publishers would be good--just for peace of mind. :)
My kidlet threw up twice tonight, so now I'm up. Being sick in the summer is no fun.

Tabitha Bird said...

YEp. I hate the silence too. I wish my dream agent would contact ME! :) I can wish :)

patti said...

You rant, girl.

Sorry about the flu thing and the agent thing.

Sigh. I know.
It hurts.

Blessings to you and my prayers,
Patti

lotusgirl said...

So many wishes. I have the same ones. weird. At least we have some control over planning the summer holidays, eh?

Susan R. Mills said...

I know what you mean. It's been a while since I've been in the querying mode, but I do remember that being one of my biggest peeves. I did query a couple of agents who sent an auto reply that my query had been received. That was nice. At least I knew they got it.

Terri Tiffany said...

Yes-- I would at least like an automatic one! So I know they got it and wouldn't have to wornder.

Carolyn V. said...

I know what you mean. I would love a rejection letter or email or something! It's almost as bad as last night when two of my kids started throwing up. I hate that.

Patti said...

Jennifer: All three of my kids have been sick, two in one night, must be going around.

Tabitha: I can't say that I haven't daydreamed about that as well.

Patti: Thanks again for your prayers, I think we're almost over the flu, the agent thing could be a while.

Patti said...

Lois: Yes we have control over summer vacations, but I decided last night that I'm not a very good decision maker.

Susan and Terri: I like the auto reply even before they've looked at it, just so you know it went through. You don't want to re-query because that looks bad.

Carolyn: I feel your pain.

Unknown said...

I'm wishing for a good movie this summer too. So far, it's been pretty much a bomb. Sad, very sad.

Unknown said...

Grr I wish that blogger wouldn't have eaten my comment!!!

I love your tiny wishes and I'm with you on the summer movie!!