Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Family Funnies

Here's a conversation between me and my 9 year old daughter.

Me: What do you want for dinner?

Daughter: Mom made food.

Me: Are you sure you don't want dad made food?

Daughter: No, definitely mom made food.


Last night when I put 9 year old daughter to bed, I realized she had put her pillow on the other side of the bed. When I asked her why, she said, "Just to spice things up a bit."

Wouldn't it be nice to go back to when changing the location of your pillow spiced up your life.


Since I'm close to being done my edits, my kids are off school, and it's my daughters birthday, I'm taking a break from blogging for the rest of the week.

Hope you have a great weekend with good weather.

11 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Congrats on being almost finished with your edits! That is a wonderful feeling!! :D
It's always nice to spice things up a bit as well. ;)

Candice said...

That's funny. I like to switch sides of the bed just to make life interesting, but my husband is a creature of habit and will have none of it! ;)

Heidi Willis said...

I love that conversation! My youngest will only have me comb her hair - never her dad! :)

And the spicing it up comment is priceless!! Ah yes... those were the days. :)

Congrats on getting close the end of edits (sigh - I wish I were there too), and have a happy blogging break!! I'm sure it's much needed!

Southpaw said...

That's a cute conversation - mom made food.

Melissa Amateis said...

In my case, my daughter would probably pick the dad-made dinner since he is a much better cook than me!

Carolyn V said...

Aw! I love the spice things up. =)

Have a great week next week. I hope you get tons done!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ha ha ha. That's funny, because my 14 y.o. moved his pillows to the other end of his bed last week! :-)

Jessie Oliveros said...

That's it. I need spice. My pillow is moving to a new place tonight.

Kasie West said...

LOL How cute. I love the pillow moving. Maybe I should suggest to my husband that we switch sides of the bed tonight. Hmmm, no, that might be too disorienting. I'm not crazy like I used to be. :)

Angela Ackerman said...

I remember that, putting my pillow on the opposite side of the bed. It really did change how I looked at my room.

Thanks for the memory. :)

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Anonymous said...

Spicing up with a movement of a pillow...may we learn it's the little things that can keep our spirits high! Have a great week.