Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mother's Day comes early

The Crazy Daze Motherhood
written by Jane Isfeld Still

This book is filled with essays about the hilarious moments of being a mother that we don’t quite realize are hilarious until years later. Stories of children locked in bathrooms, overflowing toilets, bad hair days, and kids who try to help cook. The list goes on and on. As I read each story, I found myself chuckling out loud, nodding, and saying, it’s funny, because it’s true.

This would make a great mother’s day gift, as it an easy book to pick up a read even if you only have a few moments. I know this because I read it while waiting for my kids to finish school, basketball practice, piano lessons, and doctor appointments.

Here’s a little more information about Jane:

Jane is married to Rick Still, who she believes has the distinction of being the only man in history brave enough to give her earwax candles for her birthday. They had six children in eight years, and while her children were growing up, she discovered she had a great sense of humor. At least that was her take. Rick once said to her, "Honey, you know all those real corny things you say all the time? Who ever thought you could make money at it?" Her son Adam once told her, "Mom could you please stop telling jokes to my friends? It's really embarrassing." One of Jane's philosophies is, "You're not doing your job unless your children are worried about being seen in public with you."

To read more about Jane and her exploits visit her website at janeisfeldstill.com or her blog at janeisfeldstill.blogspot.com

She’s having a great contest just for being a follower and commenting on her blog. Prizes include:

1. Mother's Daze basket, soap, chocolate, lotion, decorative candles, and recipe cards
2. Box of blank cards with a smattering of Canadian chocolate
3. Chocolate

Trust me, Canadian chocolate is so worth winning. Happy Reading

19 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

I saw this book somewhere else and wanted to read it. Sounds like fun.

Laura Pauling said...

I love what her husband said to her about the corny jokes! I think any mom would relate!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree that Canadian chocolate is worth winning. I do plan to read this book. Thanks for the reveiw.

Angela said...

This sounds really great. I should buy it in a few more years when my kids are older and I've regained my sense of humor about stuff like overflowing toilets, trashed blinds, and broken appliances.

Jessica Nelson said...

Hahahhaa! That sounds too cute.

Jane Isfeld Still said...

Thanks for the great review :) I am so glad you like it. SORRY you find it true LOL.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Mothers Day was Sunday the 3rd of April here in the UK and though we did send flowers I'm sure both mam and ma-in-law would be delighted to receive a copy of this as well, thanks for recommending it.

Jill Kemerer said...

I know I would love this book. I can relate to most child-rearing mishaps!

Unknown said...

The book sounds great!! Maybe I'll buy it when my kids are bigger so I can laugh harder! ;)

Kasie West said...

I love books that are funny because they are true. I'll have to check this one out. :)

Heidi Willis said...

What a great unique Mother's Day idea! I love it!

Thanks for the post!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I love funny books! I'll definitely have to check this one out! :D Thanks for this post!

Lisa Gail Green said...

LOL I have a few stories about my kid getting locked in bathrooms myself... Fun!

Robyn Campbell said...

Great review. I gotta have this book, Patti. You know how much I love funny.

I need to write one of those. With six boys and one girl, I've got the stories. :-)

Connie Keller said...

Thanks! I'll have to check it out.

Stina said...

Seriously? Earwax candles?

At least my hubby know to just give me gift cards for Chapters. :D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great book. Hmmm, I've never had Canadian chocolate.

Connie Arnold said...

That sounds like a delightful book! Thanks for sharing about it and the contest.

Jessie Oliveros said...

I'm still trying to get past the whole earwax candles thing. However, the book sounds GREAT. I'll have to go check it out.