Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Musical Montage Month

I'm back and I hope everyone had a great holiday season.

January is typically a time to set goals and I'm no different, so  I've decided to make January my musical montage month.

What does that mean?

In a lot of movies there comes a point when the main character decides things need to change. They need to learn a new skill, fix a house, repair a relationship etc. This is usually accompanied by some peppy music that takes the viewers through the character's transformation in record time.

This is what I'm hoping will happen to me this month. I need to see a transformation, not just physically, but mentally. So here's to seeing a difference within the next thirty days, even if it's just a little.

A few pounds lost
A few more minutes spent writing
A cleaner house
A few better meals on the table
A couple of extra books read
A healthier me
A little less stress

Hope you have a great musical montage month and are able to start and reach some of your goals.

18 comments:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Every year I tell myself to drink more water. Every June I'm shriveling up and dehydrated. ;)

~ Wendy

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I'd maybe add a reward for youself at the end of the month too. That helps me keep motivated.

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Nice. We can all use a little musical montage in our lives.

And good luck with the goals!

Nancy Thompson said...

Those are great and highly attainable goals. Good luck to you, and happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I hope so. Well, if not, there is always next year. Maybe. Happy writing!

LTM said...

ahh, and I hear that little musical interlude from 30 Rock playing as I read down your list. :D

Have a super year, and may all your goals be accomplished~

ali cross said...

YES! I'm in for all those too! I'm dancin ....

Miranda Hardy said...

Oh, how I like those goals. I also couldn't live without the music. So inspirational.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Good luck with your goals! I have a few pounds lost as well. :P We'll see how THAT one goes. Ha ha. :)

Joanne said...

I like your idea of a little of this, a few of that. It keeps the goals manageable :)

Melissa Hurst said...

Great idea for your goals! I need to work on the reading a few more books and keeping the stress levels down, too.

Abby Minard said...

That's a great list and one I definitely need to follow as well. That is actually a lot of things I have found myself thinking of as far as goals for 2012. Now I just wonder what song would make up my montage...

Felicity Grace Terry said...

No goals set as I only end up disappointed. I have to say if I was to make a list several of the things you mention on yours would be on it. Good luck.

Carolyn V said...

I have a lot of the same goals. ;) Funny how that works.

Have a great New Year Patti! This one will be a great one!

Christina Lee said...

Good list--go go go!

Melissa Sugar said...

You can do it. I wish you luck. I like that you are breaking it down to a monthly montage, it makes the goal seem reachable. Happy New Year. I am a new follower.

Misha Gerrick said...

Hehehe I hope you achieve your goals and easily. Maybe start with a workable plan and work your way up?

You can do this!
:-)

Elana Johnson said...

Oh, now these I can get behind. They sound so do-able when you put them like that.