Sunday, March 4, 2012

The clock's a ticking'

In December I decided to make my son a toque for Christmas. Of course I decided this a week before the 25th. Luckily my sister had these knitting looms to make things a lot easier. After a few quick lessons and a more than a couple of mistakes, I was able to knit a few rows.


Since I was on a time limit, I had to knit fast and in about two - two and a a half hours, I had a toque. After Christmas I decided to knit myself one and it's still not done.

Where am I going with this? I think you know.

Sometimes having a firm deadline helps motivate me. So this week I have a deadline. I need to write a chapter and have it edited by Thursday, so I'm signing off until next Monday. Wish me luck. Have a good week.

How about you? Does a deadline help light a fire under you know what.



19 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Yes! I always have self imposed deadlines, but I also know when to be flexible. It works for me. Great hat.

Martin Willoughby said...

Deadlines can help, but they can also be a tyrant if you let them dominate you.

Joanne said...

Any week with much writing is a good week ... Enjoy your writing time.

Anne Gallagher said...

Oh absolutely. I always have deadlines, (and then I give myself two extra weeks.)

Colene Murphy said...

Good luck!! Now get back to work!

Terri Tiffany said...

Yes deadlines work for me and hope it will for you!

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Love the hat! I want one and yes, absolutely deadlines kick me into gear.

~ Wendy

Carolyn V said...

AW! I love the hat.

And yes, firm deadlines totally motivate me! I try to go over a few goals each week so I can get a thing or two done here. ;)

Peggy Eddleman said...

Definitely! It's amazing how much faster and more efficiently I work when I have an immovable deadline. Especially when I don't have nearly enough time! Deadlines are definitely a thing of beauty. In disguise... ;)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Loving those colours.

Good luck with the writing of that chapter ..... you know you can do it.

Robyn Campbell said...

Love, love, love your analogy. But I always do. (Love your comparisons)

Wishing you much luck, pal. You CAN and you WILL do this. Thursday is just around the bend. Get to writing! (((hugs)))

Robyn Campbell said...

Love the hat. Bet yours was better! :-)

Unknown said...

Oh, I really thought you had knitted that one! LOL! But I admire everyone who can knit fast!
And sure, sometimes deadlines help. I think that the self imposed work better for me. ;)

Carol Riggs said...

GOOD luck! Yes, I think deadlines definitely help--even if it's just getting my chapter to a critique partner for review. Lights an extra fire under me. :D

ali cross said...

Oh yes! I totally need deadlines! Good luck meeting yours, Patti. I know you'll make it!

Southpaw said...

Good luck. Signing off is a great idea.

Stina said...

I always have self imposed deadlines. I function better that way. :D

Misha Gerrick said...

Oh yeah it does. It's another reason why I have a countdown timer on my blog. :-)

Good luck with achieving your goals before the deadline.

Susan R. Mills said...

Self imposed deadlines make me work better. And darn! You're on a break. I just came back. Hope to catch up with you soon.