Thursday, April 26, 2012

Friday Favorites

Yesterday my niece came over and burrowed a bunch of books. She's done university and has been waiting all year to read some fiction.

I lent her 10-12 books and as I was writing my name in them and making a list of which books I was lending her (mostly because I have the worst memory ever - proven by the fact that as I was going through my books I realized I had boughten the same book twice), anyway, I digress. I realized that a lot of the books were from bloggers that I have come to know in some form or another over the years.

Yesterday I finished "Love on the Range", which isn't a YA book, but a historical romance written by Jessica Nelson. Jessica was one of my first commenters and it's been great to see her, along with others, go through the process of getting a book published.

Here's the blurb:

Any other socialite would view being packed off to a remote
Oregon ranch as a punishment. But Gracelyn Riley knows
that this is her opportunity to become a real reporter. If she
can make her name through an interview with the elusive hero
known as Striker, then she’ll never have to depend on anyone
ever again.

Rancher Trevor Cruz can’t believe his secret identity is being
endangered by an overly chatty city girl. But if there’s one thing
he knows, it’s that Gracie’s pretty little snooping nose is bound
to get her in trouble. So he’ll use her determination to find
“Striker” to keep an eye on her…and stick close by her side

 

I loved Gracelyn Riley's character, she is spirited strong and knows what she wants. And the romance between her and Trevor is swoon worthy. I loved reading this book. It reminded me of all the romance novels I used to read as a teen. I think I read more adult books as a teenager than I do now. Go figure.


How about you? Is there a book that you've read recently written by someone you've met blogging?

4 comments:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Jessica is a ball of light and energy. Not sure what that makes her, but it sure sounds close to the sun. Okay, it's Friday and I'm clearly not awake yet. I'm thrilled for Jessica!
~ Wendy

Felicity Grace Terry said...

An interesting combination..... A historical romance with what looks like a 'Western' cover, I'm intrigued by this.

Funnily enough, its been a while since I've actually bought a book that was recommended by a fellow blogger but my wish list of those suggested keeps getting longer and longer.

Jessica Nelson said...

Hahaaa, Wendy hasn't seen me in the mornings...oh wait, yes she has! lol

Many of the books I read are debut blogger friends. I just read Serial Games by K Victoria Chase last month and gave it 5 stars because I loved it!!!
Thank you for your beautiful review. :-) I'm so happy you liked the book!!!

Carolyn V said...

Yup. I just got Jolene Perry's book. I'm so excited to read it!

Your book sounds so good! =)