Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Well, hello there. How ya been?

I'm back.

August was crazy busy. Working, going on vacation, working some more, trying to relax, getting kids ready for school. The same things everyone else does. It was such a great summer, I'm really sad it's over.

But we did manage to get in our annual family mountain. This year was our tenth anniversary for our mountain climb and we picked a great mountain. It had everything. Walking through a forest, scrambling up scree, navigating around boulders, meandering through a meadow, and a steep climb to the finish, where we were rewarded with a fantastic view.

Out of all the mountains we've done, this has been my favorite and it was also the hardest.

Here's the mountain as we were driving to the trail head.


Here we are almost to the top.

Here we are at the top.

Just goes to show you that there are great rewards for hard work. Something I need to remember in all aspects of my life. I'm excited to be back and I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you.

So how about you? Did you do anything fun this summer?

13 comments:

Stina said...

We headed to Lake Louise for the long weekend, but the youth hostel double booked us and we had to go home. Everything else was booked up. Not that the weather was nice. It was cold when we were up there, and I forgot to pack my coat (because I thought my husband had it), so we had to go to Banff to buy me one. At least I got to use it for a short time. :)

Welcome back!

Stina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy Paine Miller said...

Love those pics! Happy 10th! Our 13th is today.

We had a crazy summer--Canada, Maryland, hubby went to Haiti. Non-stop. Would you believe things have actually slowed down?
~ Wendy

Melissa Hurst said...

Welcome back! :) I love all of the pictures, especially the one of your family at the top!

We took a trip to the beach, and we're planning to head to the mountains (in Tennessee) sometime in October. We've never been up there in the fall, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the leaves changing colors.

Carolyn V said...

Wow! That's a gorgeous view! We took a ton of camping trips this summer. It was fun.

So glad you're back Patti!!!

Connie Keller said...

So glad to have you back! And I'm glad you had such an exciting time--the photos are great!

Melissa Amateis said...

What a neat tradition - a family mountain to climb!

We didn't do anything special - we headed home over Labor Day weekend, but that was it. No paid vacation time, and it was unbearably hot, so we stayed close to home.

Carol Riggs said...

An annual family mountain--how cool is that?! Glad to have you back, and I'm glad you had a great summer with a mountain with such great variety. :) Me?--no vacation, just moving to the heat of Chico, CA, this summer and getting (sorta) settled. Starting to get back to my writing though, so that's good!

Southpaw said...

That is a breathtaking view!

Laura Pauling said...

Wonderful pictures! I try not to go anywhere during the summer since we live where people pay to vacation! I like to relax and be at home!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Aww! That looks really cool!
We just headed up to our uncle's cabin for some fishing and boating. BUT! The good news is my parents found a cabin they might like to buy, so hopefully there will be a lot more cabin stuff in my future

Anonymous said...

Patti, which mountain is that? I was unable to take holidays this summer but am looking forward to a fall get-away weekend to Lake Louise and hiking. Fall is my favourite season in the mountains.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Patti! Welcome back! Great pictures.